Collecting Rocks, Gems and Minerals - Identification, Values, Lapidary Uses by Patti Polk is three guides in one. Written with the beginner in mind, but also inclusive of a wealth of technical information for more advanced collectors, Collecting Rocks, Gems and Minerals is fast becoming a "must have" for any rockhounding library. Patti Polk, 270 pages, paperback, over 650 full-color photos.
- Quick reference format by category and color of stone
- Covers lapidary and mineral display
- Provides mineral values, as well as tips for locating, buying and collecting
- Includes organics - amber, bone, coral, pearl and shell
- Lists chemical group, system, hardness, opacity, fracture, specific gravity and more
- Over 650 full-color photos!