Build your own gold prospecting equipment. Sam Radding's Book of Plans Volume I offers prospectors seven sets of plans and information on how to build homemade prospecting equipment.
Plans include materials and hardware lists, construction tips and advice and detailed drawings. If you've ever wanted to build your own mining equipment, Sam Radding shows you how, using off the shelf materials and common tools.
Plans included in Volume I:
1) Port A Sluice - Build a compact, yet full-sized sluice box that breaks down into sections for portability and storage
2) Rocker Box - Build a traditional rocker box, a truly time tested pieces of prospecting equipment
3) Small Rocker - Plans for a small rocker box that is easily portable and great for sampling
4) Wooden Concentrator - Add a strong pump and this wooden highbanker style concentrator is great for getting gold out of those high benches. These plans also include a section for how to build a rocker concentrator
5) Aluminum Concentrator - Similar to the highbanker style concentrator above, but in lightweight and tough aluminum
6) Bellows Drywasher - Plans for how to build a hand-crank bellows drywasher, perfect for desert gold prospecting. Can also be powered by a small motor
7) Conveyer Belt - Build a conveyer belt for moving your drywasher tailings out of the way as you work